Sunday, April 22, 2012

A-Whole-Nother Love

"Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth."
(1 John 3:18)

Ran right into this scripture a couple weeks back and it's been sticking with me.  It has made me think about a few things differently.  Originally it made me think of my marriage and how I let Jason know that I love him.  Telling Jason how I feel about him is one thing.  Showing him through I live my life is a-whole-nother deal.  I realized that it's not just about actions and truth when he is around...it's 24/7.   


I also think about some of the people I am around the most often...my coworkers.  Me and two coworkers got into a discussion about Jesus the other day.  I thought about this talk after reading this scripture.  I wondered how many times the non-believer in this conversaton had had these kind of talks.  I wondered if any words ever sunk in and stayed there.  I wondered...what if love through my actions and daily living would "speak" louder to her specifically?

God is so good....not only has this lesson been about me showing love...but Jason and I have seen this kind of love in return alot...most recently this past week.  Jason has been wanting to go to the police academy for a long time.  His work only allows a select few to go to school each year because of their conflicting work schedules.  That is part 1.  Part 2 is...it costs money...alot of money we don't have.  Because of a chain of events, a couple felt lead to take care of part 2 for us.  Yes...that means to pay for his school!!  That is huge for us, and I don't know why or how it came about, but I do know that we were shown love through actions and in a BIG way.  The experience has been truly inspiring to us.  It's one thing to hear God calling you to move...it's a-whole-nother thing to actually move. 



No comments:

Post a Comment