Wednesday, May 11, 2011

BACK IN BUSINESS!!

When it rains it hails in the Flora house...last week we had more truck issues.  You would think this truck would be like new after all the work we've put in to it in the last 6 months.  After taking the truck back to the shop last Thursday our computer decided to die that evening.  Friday morning it appeared (and smelled like) our kitchen blender was smoking.  This nearly threw me over the edge!

Nearly a week later...here I am...back in the saddle! The last week has been challenging for us not only financially but mentally and spiritually.  We began having doubts on whether we would really be able to handle this adoption financially.  We looked into some other options for creating our family and it truly felt like all signs pointed to Africa.  I can truly say that the money side of this adoption terrifies me but we are going to have to figure it out. We are going to have to get creative, work hard and trust God.

Our last home study interviews were last Thursday as well (busy day :) )  We tied up some loose ends with our social worker and that was it.  She is waiting to get our reference forms/letters back from our references and then waiting on our medical exams.  Once all that is done and our paperwork is all together on our end we'll send it off to AFAA, which will be our child placement agency.

Would you believe that I still haven't done my autobiography??  My computer broke folks...I have a good excuse...well maybe.  Anyways we HAVE to knock those out and get all this paperwork together.  Our original goal was for everything to leave our hands and be mailed to AFAA by the end of June.  I'm thinking that can be pushed up a few weeks if we get in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment