Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Beginnings of an Addiction...

Although we've been working on some fundraising...Jason and I haven't been taking a backseat when it comes to our own finances and getting our baby home.  We wish we had $25,000 that we could write the check out for today and get this thing rolling...but we don't.  So we are looking for ways to save and have come across couponing!!!!

Now...I've been cutting coupons for awhile and try to match them up with our grocery list that week but it usually amounts to saving $3 or $5 if I'm lucky.  Then one night I watched "Extreme Couponing" on TLC.  These families would use buy crazy amounts of food and products, use a ridiculous amount of coupons and save insane amounts of money.  Insane meaning a grocery bill that totals over $1000 and then walking out paying $6.59 for the entire bill.  The idea of saving lots of money quickly got my interest!!

So, I've been dabbling in this couponing thing for a couple of weeks.  I can't believe how much time and energy it takes to make these on sale items and coupons match up BUT when I do I get addicted!  I'm light years away from getting $1000 worth of groceries for $6 but I sure have gotten excited when I've bought a name brand body wash for 89 cents or walked out of Walgreen's with $45 worth of stuff for $15.  (baby steps!)  Just be aware that shopping trips can be stressful and if you take your spouse try and be patient with each other.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment