Friday, May 13, 2011

Romans 12:12

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

I read over this passage multiple times last night and realized I don't "do" this verse very well.  I thought about each part...Be joyful in hope.  Hope is defined as: "To trust in, wait for, look for, or desire something or someone; or to expect something beneficial in the future.”  Often times I let the things of this world weigh me down and can't see outside my little box.  I can't turn on the TV without seeing something devastating that is happening somewhere in the world.  I'm thankfully reminded that this world isn't the ending place or the goal line. 

Patient in affliction...patience is a weakness of mine anyways so if it has the word patient in the verse...odds are I struggle with it.  If I'm not patient with the good things going on in my life, Lord knows I'm not patient in times of pain and suffering.  Often times it's when I go through these trials that God is molding me and maturing my faith.

Faithful in prayer...I believe maintaining a committed prayer life is an essential part of walking with God.  James 5:6 states that "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."  It's encouraging to know that there is power in prayer and that God is listening.  Right now we have a child on the other side of the this world that needs our prayers. I'm anxious to see God work and to see what child He has chosen for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment