Thursday, June 2, 2011

All...Most...Ready

We've had a few obstacles with getting these last pieces of the paperwork together.  Our home study agency has issues with their PO Box which is a problem when your references are trying to get forms and letters mailed in.  We've been waiting on some lab work to come in to get our medical exams complete.  As of yesterday we got all the info in from our doctor that we were waiting on...yay!! 
Our home study is now ready to be emailed to AFAA (our placement agency) for review.  AFAA requests a rough draft to be sent to them to check over wording and verify that things will translate correctly once it's received in Africa.

We are almost ready to mail off ALL this paperwork! My house will instantly look cleaner!  Next week is the goal...I'll keep you posted.

I've had a few interesting conversations about adoption in the last few weeks.  I've started thinking about the questions, responses and the people that I've shared these conversations with.  I've thought about the differences in Christians and non-Christians in how people perceive adoption.  For the most part Christians seem to "understand" adoption better.  They can understand that we can bring a child into our home and love him/her like they were biologically ours.  They can understand that sometimes you just walk by utter faith because you can't possible see how details will work out.  They can understand that adoption is the means into which we entered God's family and it's how He is choosing to create ours.  I believe that non-Christians have a harder time wrapping their head around this journey because they don't have the foundation and understanding of being apart of God's family first. 
I'm sure I will continue to have conversations like I've had recently and I'm sure they will continue to stretch me.  God is moving and working even in the smallest exchange of words and actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment