Sunday, June 19, 2011

Misplaced Worship...

Our church started a new 10 week series on the Ten Commandments.  This was our first week of it and the sermon was over the 1st Commandment:

"Do not have other God's besides me."
-Exodus 20:3

Our preacher went on to talk about the areas that can distract us from God and can become the center of our worship...money, pleasures, family and even church.  For the last few weeks I've been feeling kinda blah within certain areas of my life.  I feel like days and weeks go by and I don't even realize where the time has gone.  Some days it's more like existing and less like living.  I thought about the distractions of this world and realized that I've been putting "worship" in other areas and not where it belongs.  Our preacher stated that there is an expectation of a pay off when we misplace our worship...we expect to be satisfied and it never happens.  How true is that?!  Today's message was a good reminder for me...think about where your worship is going.  

Today is also a very special day...Father's Day!  Although my Dad isn't here to spend the day with, I sure have thought about him alot.  I'd give anything to have him be here now...to know my husband and to one day know his grandchild.  My Dad and I went through a lot of ups and downs and spent a lot of time "butting heads".  We were more alike than either of us wanted to admit.  I have a lot of great memories and stories about him and am thankful for the time God allowed me with him.

Jason isn't an official Dad yet, but he sure likes to practice the discipline part with the dog :)  I know that he will be a great dad one day and thankfully he has an amazing dad of his own to learn from.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment