Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Anniversary and Birthday Fun!!!


On June 24th Jason and I had our 5th wedding anniversary and had a fun weekend together.  We decided to attempt a nice hike on Saturday morning.  It was an interesting trip to Busiek State Forest and we quickly realized that we have a lot to learn about hiking :) We pulled up to a gravel parking lot where men were running around without shirts on and shouting back and forth to each other.  I was instantly worried that we just interrupted some sort of outdoorsy-ironman type race.  Nope, this was just a large group of intense runners and we were fixin to look like the city folk that just entered unknown waters.  We couldn't figure out where the trails started or ended.  We had to cross a small body of water...and I couldn't walk the entire hike with wet shoes!  I attempted to walk barefoot over the rocks but midway Jason picked me up so we could get on with the hike.  I then sat in horse poop while putting my shoes back on....wow...this was only the first 5 minutes!  Needless to say we survived and were able to have my birthday dinner that evening :)


Today I turned 28 years old and had a great day.  I work with some great people, have a sweet-as-pie husband and an amazing mom that made this day complete.  After work Mom and I went and got pedicures...we've decided this is our new favorite thing to do!  The day ended with a yummy cake that was bought against my will.  Sometimes Mom's do know best :)


P.S.  We are still waiting to hear that our formal application has been approved by AFAA.  They should have ALL of our paperwork and in the process of reviewing it.  We shall continue to wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment