Monday, April 25, 2011

Home Study # 2!

My Easter evening was spent mostly cleaning the house...and my car.  I decided that since the weather man was predicting 6 to 8 inches of rain in a weekend that I would leave my car windows down and back my car out of the nice dry garage and let it sit out for 7.5 hours.  Nice! 

On another note...tonight was our walk through home study visit and our joint interview.  The walk through went really well and was pretty simple.  Then we had an interview as a couple and it was actually kind of fun.  It was fun to listen to Jason answer questions about his childhood, parenting views and then me :)  Our social worker asked him what he admired most about me...and then one thing he would want to change.  Yesh...loaded question! :)  I think she got a kick out of us after awhile.  She quickly caught on to how laid back Jason was and how laid back I'm not :)  Guess we make a good pair!

Then for the wild man....Cash did really good!  I'm so proud of him.  Since it was raining we couldn't kick him outside during the visit so...we had a talk beforehand and asked him to be on his best behavior.  He was a bit too excited to meet our social worker but after the walk through he calmed down.  She told us that she has 2 labs. (yay! she understands!)  During the entire interview he laid on top of our feet and snored. 

It was a good evening and we felt like we connected with our social worker more tonight.  She is very sweet and I'm glad we get to work with her.  We have one more visit scheduled where Jason and I will be interviewed separately.  We will continue to work on getting papers together and then have a physical coming up at the end of May. 

No comments:

Post a Comment